Company Sale Timeline
In a business transaction there is no such thing as ideal time frame as every deal is unique but most transactions complete in five to twelve months. However, typical business sale timeline from start to completion is elaborated as under.
PLANNING SALE STRATEGY (1 – 3 wks)
• Define objectives • Review operating and financial performance • Refine valuation consideration • Develop marketing strategy
PREPARING SELLING MATERIAL (4-7 wks)
• Prepare operational/financial description • Prepare selling brochure • Prepare buyers list • Evaluate buyers
MARKETING PROCESS (8-12 wks)
• Distribute selling brochure • Conduct appropriate PR • Address bidders’ concerns/questions • Require non-binding indications of interest
BUYER DUE DILIGENCE (13-15 wks)
• Select second stage participants • Arrange management / business visits • Prepare purchase agreement
BID SELECTION (16 -17 wks)
• Request final bids • Select final bidders • Price •Documentation • Buyer Closing ability
NEGOTIATIONS (18-20 wks)
• Negotiate with top bidders • Execute definitive agreement
If you would like to discuss the sale of your company, please click the link below to contact us with your business information.